> Technical Operations Manager
£38k to £45k pa
Technical Operations Manager
£35k to £45k pa (D.O.E)
Due to exceptional growth my client based in Hull is now looking to recruit an experienced Technical Operations Manager who will lead , develop and support an existing Technical Support Team.
You will work closely with the Operations Director to implement processors and procedures to support the team within this continuous period of growth.
Purpose Of The Role:
To manage and supervise the technical team. To drive change within the Technical Operations Team ,
continually striving to make operational and technical improvements that deliver a first class agile and
flexible service to support internal colleagues and external clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the Technical Operations Team and enable development and training of team members to achieve multi-skilling and to move towards a one-shift operation that covers the hours required to support the business as agreed with the Directors.
- To schedule and allocate technical resources.
- To work alongside the other Team Managers to support the Operations Director to deliver a first class operational service to our clients.
- To organise the production and updating of technical procedures.
- To produce Management reports as documented and agreed with the Directors.
- To co-ordinate major software releases and patches to both internal and hosted systems and their successful implementation.
- To be aware of emerging technologies and organise the evaluation of software or equipment and present findings and recommendations to the Directors.
- To advise on the most efficient processes for all aspects of the Technical Operations Team and deliver improvements where inefficiencies exist.
- To oversee the planning of work activity and resource commitment within the Technical Operations Team, providing and maintaining a work schedule, where necessary liaising with other Team Managers and colleagues on projects.
- To effectively performance manage the Technical Operations Team.
- Lead on recruitment of Technical Operations staff in consultation with the Operations Director and HR.
- To build and maintain relationships with suppliers and other third parties when necessary.
- To attend seminars or conferences on technical and software advances.
- To follow all internal procedures, including the logging of support calls.
- To provide sales advice help.
- To organise the training and development of the Technical Operations Team when necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to Degree level with a science degree.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience, preferably in an IT/Technical environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good knowledge of installing operating systems.
- Good knowledge of hardware systems.
- Good knowledge of VMWare and Virtualisation technologies.
- A working knowledge of ITIL would be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of Project Management would be advantageous.
- Have a working knowledge of third party packages sold and used.
Working Hours : 9.00 am to 5.30 pm and as required with 1 hour for lunch