> Lead Web Developer
Competitive Salary Offered
Lead Web Developer
Invigorate Recruitment is working with it’s client on the outskirts of Leeds who are an exceptional brand to recruit an experienced Lead Web Developer into an ecommerce team.
The role will see you working alongside the wider Ecommerce, Marketing and Creative team in maintaining and developing the website, finding innovative ways to drive engagement and deliver outstanding customer experience.
- Lead the development of all website enhancements within the Magento 2 platform, optimising the customer experience and driving engagement.
- Deliver timely updates to the website and email platform, in-keeping with the central marketing and promotional calendar, with the support of our in-house Web Developer.
- Develop and execute a robust development roadmap for the website, including ongoing usability testing, site enhancements, payment options, expansion into international markets and the introduction of new technologies.
- Day-to-day management of 3rd party development support agency Maginus, working collaboratively on technology enhancements and development sprints.
- Continually test the site, identifying/resolving any technical issues and implementing technical advancements.
- Work alongside the Head of Ecommerce to develop and manage the UX testing programme, develop incremental enhancements to the website and deliver ongoing growth.
- Support the development team in maximising business opportunities from the Magento 2 platform. Work with the wider team in determining the ongoing phases for development to ensure continual step-changes in performance.
- Use Google Analytics to track and understand user interaction, utilise the data in directing change and report against key metrics to the business.
- Work with external development agencies such as Aptean, Global-E and Noibu to maximise technological advances, onsite functionality and identify potential fixes.
- Support the internal Web Developer in planning workload, problem solving and testing of new functionality to ensure an aligned development roadmap.
- Work alongside the IT department to maximise website security and to identify and resolve any potential issues with the web platform.
- Support the Head of Ecommerce in shaping the future vision of the development team within the business , in order to position the brand for planned growth targets.
Technical knowledge required.
- Experience of Magento 2 essential
- Google Analytics
- Good understanding of major operating systems.
- Ability to utilise relevant IT support systems and be conversant with standard business desktop applications.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- An enthusiasm for digital and a desire to continually push technology forward.
- A team player with a positive attitude who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and lead by example.
- An enthusiasm for digital and a drive to test and learn new integrations.