> Junior Web Developer
Competitive Salary Offered
Junior Web Developer
We are recruiting for our client who are an exceptional fashion retail brand who are looking for someone remarkable to join their Ecommerce team in the role of Junior Web Developer.
This exciting role will support the Lead Web Developer in maintaining and enhancing the companies website, alongside other digital touchpoints.
Responsibilities for the Junior Web Developer:
- Managing the day-to-day site updates to support marketing campaigns, seasonal changeovers and business updates.
- Working on projects including website enhancements, usability, segmentation, and split A/B testing to continually optimise and move the site forward.
- Continually monitoring the site and identifying/resolving any technical issues.
- Proactively manage multi-variate tests using Google Optimizer and other testing tools to deliver the best user experience.
- Support the Lead Web Developer in testing across multiple devices and browsers, ensuring that everything they deliver is to a high standard, with a keen eye to pixel perfect design.
- Work closely with the Email & CRM Manger and Digital Design team to build and deliver regular marketing emails for our consumers, using a mix of CMS and HTML.
- Liaise with an external development agency, email service provider and use online resources to continually innovate and ensure web best practices are adhered to.
- Support the Lead Web Developer in raising and responding to support tickets via our 3rd party development agency.
- Get involved in the delivery of exciting digital projects that will help deliver exponential growth to the brand, including introducing new payment providers, plus integrating new and exciting platforms into the site.
- Use systems such as Google Analytics and New Relic to help monitor and maintain the website.
Technical knowledge required.
- Experience with Magento software and knowledge of PHP, MySQL beneficial but not compulsory.
- Hands on experience of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager preferable, but not essential.
- Basic understanding of Photoshop desirable.
Business Skills :
- A passion for all things Digital and an eagerness to learn new skills.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to work in a team.
- Strong attention to detail, highly organised with a good creative eye.
- A passion for customer excellence, innovation and quality.
- A desire to stay up to date with current and new technologies.
- An ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
The business is excitedly undertaking a period of growth and looking to take on new team members who can help take the brand to the next level, in the digital space. This role will be integral to that growth and will work closely alongside other team members to help achieve against the goals and plans laid out before them.