> IT Test Technician
£12.00 per hour
IT Test Technician
6 Month Contract
Location - Westfield Stratford moving to Westfield London
£12.00 Per hour
My Client who owns and operates a number of unique visitor attractions throughout the UK
is looking to recruit an IT Test Technician on a 6 month contract on a new VR system bringing a first-of-its-kind ‘hyper-reality’ experience to the UK based around a global film IP.
The attraction will be based in two London locations over 6 months. - Westfield Stratford moving to Westfield London
The VR technologies allow Guests to see, move and feel the digital worlds in a completely realistic way. Now we’re looking for talented team members to join and take the technologically advanced experiences to the next level.
What you’ll do
You’ll be joining the team as a VR Technician. The Technician, in partnership with the guest services team, will be responsible for delivering exceptional location based Virtual Reality experiences.
- Follow written and verbal directions and procedures
- Troubleshoot hardware issues such as: Battery issues, gun pairing, dead packs, and CMOS resets
- Run regular checks of technology, at least once per day
- Determine when tracking or rigid body detection are not syncing properly
- Maintain equipment used for the Experience Centres, HMD, Vest, Guns, packs
- Keep all equipment clean
- Maintain inventory of all systems and hardware for the Experience Centres
- Calibrate stage, restart servers/networks/Wi-Fi, and test equipment
- Maintain service log and create tickets for issues
- Escalate issues when necessary
- Work within Motive
- Assist when Corporate team pushes new builds, verify flash firmware on vests and guns
- At least 3 years of experience working in IT, with hands on experience with hardware, servers, and systems
- Experience working with Windows OS
- Experience testing equipment following established procedures
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in IT or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of how firmware works within hardware components is a bonus
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs unassisted, climb, bend, twist, stoop and kneel on a regular basis
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to be on-call
Offering a competitive hourly rate and contracted hours over a fixed term this is a unique opportunity to join the Technical team as the VR Technology arrives in the UK.
Full training will be provided to ensure their guests experience is a memorable one.
Salary £12.00 per hour.
Interested and want to know more? Drop your cv and contact details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will give you a call.
Applicants must be available for interview on 21st November (London based).