> Garment Technologist
Competitve Salary Offered
Ladieswear Garment Technologist
Competitive salary offered (D.O.E)
Invigorate Recruitment is working with its client a mail order fashion business in Leeds to recruit a Ladieswear Garment Technologist to join the current QC department on a contract basis.
Purpose of the role:
- To complete the sealing process and inspection of items to maximise sales and minimise returns.
- To oversee the inspection of goods delivered to the business to ensure fair and consistent standards are applied in line with business priorities.
- To Spec, fit and seal styles within the ranges, predominately Ladieswear and accessories.
- Complete the sealing of all items including first fits, second fits, preproduction samples (as required) in line with critical path deadlines – working with the buyer to ensure the products are in line with expectations. Maximising demand whilst minimising returns.
- Ensure all comments are passed back to suppliers in a timely manner to minimise any potential delays in deliveries.
- Working closely with suppliers to maintain an up to date Critical path for each style.
- Ensure each garment is labelled with appropriate branding and that the packaging meets the agreed requirements.
- To sign off inspection of all deliveries received, proactively seek solutions to any rejected deliveries and arrange any rectification work required after gaining approval from the supplier to cover the cost.
- Investigate any product groups or styles where the returns rates are a concern and propose all possible actions to minimise return issues.
- Ideally you will have at least 5 plus years’ experience working in a quality control environment.
- Be available for immediate work
- Have impeccable time management and communication skills.
- Competent in Word, Excel and Outlook programmes.
- Organised and proactive way of working.
- Passionate about product and product development.
Business Skills Required:
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player with a positive attitude who is prepared to roll their sleeves up and lead by example.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun and enthusiastic environment where you may get doughnuts on a Thursday!