> Financial Operations Manager
£35k to £45k pa
Financial Operations Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Financial Operations Manager for our client on the outskirts of York who are a leading provider of specialized training across the UK and Internationally.
We are looking for a good all round candidate with experience in Finance , HR and Operations and business support. This role will evolve with the person who take its on
Reporting jointly to the Executive Chairman and the Managing Director.
- The successful candidate will manage the Client Services & Finance teams, assist HR when necessary and have overall responsibility for the preparation of monthly and annual financial reporting.
- Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported. Investigate , select and implement a replacement Financial Ledger product.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to improve operations and function of the department.
Partnering the HR Manager to ensure HR strategy and business goals are aligned
- Lead successful teams based in both York & Slough by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Supervise teams through communicating job expectations, appraising job results, and performance management.
- Set targets for training, coaching, counselling, and career development for staff.
- Initiate and coordinate goals, deadlines, and projects.
- Ensures a safe, secure, and well-maintained facility that meets environmental, health, and security standards.
- Qualified/Part Qualified member of an accountancy body
- Project management ideally experience of implementing a replacement ledger application
- Good Working knowledge of Microsoft packages: Excel, Word
- Experience of HR and H&S current legal requirements
Prerequisites for role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational/Scheduling and planning skills
- Management/Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Responsive innovative thinker and problem solver