> Buyer - Fashion
Competitve Salary Offered
Buyer – Fashion
£ Competitive Salary offered – Career Progression
If you are passionate about fashion, motivated and have previous experience within the buying function this could be the role for you!
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced buyer to work for our client a fashion e-retailer who produce and supply their product within the UK and Internationally.
This is both a fast paced and dynamic role with an opportunity to gain excellent exposure within a progressive business.
This role would suit an experienced buyer who is looking to progress to the next level
Previous experience of working within a fashion retail-buying environment is essential.
- Covering all aspects of the buying function, to build the range and trade the department to meet profit targets and deliver the department strategy.
- You will need to liaise with suppliers and internal departments and maintain the critical path each season.
- Taking ownership of range planning and managing relationships.
- Day to day negotiations with suppliers regarding costs / prices / income / terms of business / promotions whilst maintaining positive, effective relationships
- submitting in-season re-orders as well as managing continuity stock, preparing agendas and attending the buying appointments.
- Develop own brand products in conjunction with designers
Increasing overall company sales and profit targets.
- Developing a competitive Pricing strategy.
Skills - Essential:
- A great eye for what makes a product on brand
- Ladieswear buying experience
- Ladieswear product development experience (not just buying other brands)
- Strong negotiation skills
- At least a basic knowledge of fabric composition / construction
- Positive can- do attitude – enthusiasm – loads of energy
- Team player
- Confident character
- Good analysis skills
- Far east sourcing experience
- Indian sub-continent sourcing experience
- Turkey sourcing experience
- Mail order experience
- Retail experience