> 2nd Line Technical Support Technician
up to £30k pa Plus excellent package
2nd Line Technical Support Consultant
Up To £30K pa plus excellent benefits
Invigorate Recruitment is working with its client between Leeds and York to recruit an experienced 2nd Line Technical Support Consultant.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking business with an excellent reputation in the industry making them one of the fastest growing IT Businesses in Yorkshire.
As a 2nd Line Support Technician you will provide an exceptional service to customers both over the phone and face to face on site (when required), who have complex hardware and software issues.
You will ensure that all calls are logged into the helpdesk system, as well as updating your progress notes. You will be expected to manage the timely resolution of open calls and advise of your actions to the customer.
You will pro-actively identify potential problems and issues on customer sites and investigate if these problems could occur on other sites. Potential opportunities to replace or implement new solutions or equipment to customer’s sites should also be identified.
The role involves the research and development of internal systems, liaising directly with the company directors about new technologies and market developments.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a technical support environment with a very strong all round technical competence
- Excellent knowledge of: Desktop PC's and operating systems (Windows XP/Windows7/Windows8), networking and firewalls
- Experience with: Anti-virus software management and rollout, backup technology, server installation, terminal server, IT security, data replication technologies
- Experience in server set up, configuration and support - in particular small business server 2003/8 and server 2003/8, Exchange 2003/7/10
- Ideally Microsoft qualified
Salary: Up to £30k pa Plus excellent benefits including profit share bonus, personal development and training plan.